Do you have to coax your child into the dentist’s office? If you’d like help relieving dental anxiety so your child can get the care they need, contact Dentistry for Children to visit a Sandy, UT dentist or West Valley dentist.Relieving Dental Anxiety at Dentistry for Children Read Transcript
The way we relieve dental anxiety is, a lot of it's just your attitude as far as our staff, and me. You got to go into each interaction with kids and be positive. Tell them things are going to be easy. This is no big deal. We try to show them what we're going to do. Tell them what we're going to do and just kind of walk them through the whole process. If we see a kid that's a little more anxious, we'll go a little slower with them. If we see a kid that, they're just here watching the movie, and they don't care what's going on, then we can just ... We just tailor it to each kid to make their experience positive.
Dr. Rooklidge and our team just treat children, so not only do we know how to help them feel comfortable, we love doing it! To make your child’s visit as stress-free as possible, we have equipped our offices with:
- Sedation if your child needs extra help relaxing
- Fun amenities to set your child at ease
- A compassionate dental team dedicated to providing gentle care
- Advanced, kid-friendly technology to ensure their treatment goes smoothly
Make Your Child’s Visit Fun & Productive
Going to the dentist isn’t most kids’ idea of fun, but our amenities make their visits feel more like a friendly play date. Our offices feature:
- TVs mounted in every care room so your child can enjoy a movie while we work
- Video game systems for your kids to play with in the reception area
- Playhouses for your children to feel at home in
We have also invested in state-of-the-art dental technology to make treatments more precise and pleasant:
- A Solea CO2 laser, which simultaneously numbs the tooth and removes decay so we can perform a tooth filling shot-free
- Digital X-rays, which allow us to get a clear view of your child’s mouth with a fraction of the radiation of traditional X-rays
Sedation Helps Calm Anxious Kids
To provide quality dental care for children, we have assembled a calming, soothing team specially trained in treating their needs.
While children enjoy visiting our caring staff and kid-centered office, sometimes a reassuring voice and comfort options aren’t enough to relieve dental anxiety. If this is the case, we offer three child-safe forms of dental sedation:
- Inhaled sedation with laughing gas
- Oral conscious sedation in a tasty drink form
- IV sedation if your child is especially nervous or anxious
We’ll be happy to discuss each option in detail with you so you can decide which one will work best for your child’s needs.
Treat your kids to gentle, skilled dental care – contact Dentistry for Children today for help relieving dental anxiety. Call either our Sandy location (801-871-3008) or our West Valley location (801-758-7119).