Your child deserves great and affordable dental care. Our Sandy UT dental practice focuses on keeping your child comfortable and providing state-of-the-art care. At Dentistry For Children, we understand the importance of giving your child a good experience in the dental chair. Children who have a bad dental experience may grow up to be weary of the dentist for years to come.
If you’re looking for the best possible care for your children with pediatric dentistry , give one of our dental offices a call today, Sandy, UT 801-871-3008 or our West Valley location at 801-758-7119. Today we want to share a few ways we can ensure your child is comfortable in the dental chair. The children who come to our office enjoy their experience and look forward to their dental visits.
1. Comfortable Dental Services and Fun Activities
As soon as your child steps into the dental office , they’ll see an atmosphere that was built for them. We have a fun and engaging waiting room. There are playhouses in the reception area and even video games and TVs for your child to use while they wait. The purpose of our dental office is to make your child enjoy their time in the office, from the moment they walk in the door.
Each member of our staff is trained to treat children, and most of the employees in our office have children of their own. They understand how to treat your child and how to teach your children how to properly brush and care for their teeth. We even have a big set of teeth to demonstrate the best brushing practices.
2. Relaxing Dental Services for Every Child
Even though each member of our staff uses gentle techniques, some of our younger patients need a little help getting comfortable in the chair. This is especially true if patients need restorations. We offer FDA-approved sedation options to help your child relax in the dental chair, including inhaled and oral sedation. This allows your child to have no fear and parents to have peace of mind during the procedures. We’ve found that sedation is a great option for fearful patients and also a great way to treat patients with disabilities.
Here are the different levels of sedation you can expect from our office:
- Inhaled sedation — This treatment is known as laughing gas. This gas works almost instantly and relaxed the nervous system.
- Oral conscious sedation — We can give your child a small amount of safe liquid they can drink before their treatment. This takes a little longer to take effect, but it’s a deeper level of sedation than inhaled sedation.
- IV sedation — This is our heaviest form of sedation, and it’s ideal for patients who need multiple treatments completed in one visit. We’re also using this form of sedation to help patients who have trouble sitting still in the dental chair.
3. Using the Latest Technology
Using the right technology gives us the ability to provide precise treatments. We’re also using technology to eliminate much or all of the pain associated with dental treatments. For instance, we no longer have to drill and fill if your child has a cavity. We’re using the Solea C02 dental laser that numbs the tooth and removes decay. This laser doesn’t make a sound, ethier, and your child won’t have to worry about feeling any discomfort.
If you’re a parent looking for a comfortable dentist for your child, we invite you and your family to look around the offices. Call one of Dentistry For Children’s two locations, Sandy, UT 801-871-3008 or our West Valley location at 801-758-7119. Or use the online form to schedule your appointment.